Thursday, February 25, 2010

Casey James - American Idol

(CLICK TITLE ABOVE TO VIEW CASEY JAMES PERFORMANCE OF "HEAVEN")

Casey James, a 27 year old from Fort Worth, Texas, won over the judges of American Idol Season 9 with his audition in Denver. Casey started playing guitar very young and has been a full time musician for the past ten years. He is the lead singer and guitarist for the Casey James band, whose other members are his brother Billy James and Jacy McCann.

At his first audition, in which he sang "Slow Dancing In the Burning Room" by John Mayer and received his golden ticket to Hollywood, Simon thought he lacked charisma. But during last night's performance of "Heaven", originally recorded by Brian Adams, charisma and star quality exuberated from this talented and adoring musician.

Casey James is the first American Idol contestant to win me over this early in the game. I truly enjoy artists that have evolved their gift through experience and soul rather than vocal coaching. I even picked up the phone and voted. I have to admit I got lost in his eyes for a moment towards the end of the performance, but my vote was for the whole package.

Casey, you have my vote and my heart! Good Luck!!!

No comments:




Some men see things the way they are and ask, "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why not?"
quote: George Bernard Shaw