Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Land Of The Freebies

President Obama, the man I voted for, has proved to be a great disappointment in my eyes. The excitement I once felt in the belief that he would be different and bring about change, in favor of the greater good, now feels more like a sunken ship.

His use of underhanded techniques, to pass his 'Healthcare Reform Bill', supports my theory that Obama has a hidden agenda not beneficial to American citizens. I have sifted through this bill and can theoretically say that our healthcare facilities will become more like an assembly line. The number of Foreign doctors will skyrocket, as they will be the only doctors willing to provide services for such low fees. Furthermore, how are we supposed to communicate with doctors that can not speak English fluently enough for everyone to understand? If you have ever had a phone conversation with someone who's English is not polished, I'm sure you know exactly what I mean.

Making health insurance mandatory only benefits the insurance companies. Low income families have access to Medicaid through the state. High income families generally have insurance through their employment. But middle class Americans are the ones that will most likely have to pay for their own health insurance as they, in most cases, will not have access to either. The IRS will be enforcing this law. Why is the burden of healthcare forced upon Americans and not the employers? Why aren't large corporations, like Wal-Mart, forced to employ a certain number of full-time employees and provide them with healthcare?

Forcing insurance companies to allow families to keep their children insured until they are 26 years old scares the hell out of me. This tells me that Obama does not believe the economy will allow many of our children to obtain jobs ,that will provide them health insurance, before reaching this age. I have never heard an American say "I wish I could keep my children on my insurance until they turn 26". This is absurd. We want our children to be independent, proud and on a career path before they reach this age and Obama should be helping Americans insure that happens.

Article I, Amendment XIV: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Why did congress go against the voice of the American people and pass the healthcare bill? Do they think we are uneducated and therefore do not know what privileges we want enforced? It boils down to the fact that there were more democrats than republicans in the House of Representatives. Therefore, what democrats believe is in our best interest, is now forced upon all Americans. How can any vote be constitutional when the parties are not equal? I do not believe they can.

I have defended this country the majority of my life, but right now I'm not so sure I'm proud to be an American. I demand the right to choose. I take comfort in knowing there are a lot more flag loving Americans out there. I am confident that we will not let another administration run the country, so many died to defend, into the ground again. If we do not stop the 'United States of Obama ' we will eventually become the 'Land of the Freebies' instead of the "Land of the Free".

No comments:




Some men see things the way they are and ask, "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why not?"
quote: George Bernard Shaw