Saturday, June 12, 2010

Inspiration

I believe that there comes a time in every one's life in which the past slaps them right in the face. All the good, all the bad, and all the things we wish we could go back and change. When that moment arrives...it never leaves. It lasts a week, then a month, until we finally we realize that it will be there everyday for the rest of our lives...it is our past. The past is gone and there is nothing we can do about it. We can not get it back, we can not change it and it will grow with every waking hour.

Everyone will handle that moment differently. Some of us will try to forget and move on. Some of us will thank god for all the gifts they have received thus far. Many of us learn from our mistakes and try to do better. I think most people, including myself, will do all of the above.

I look at the past knowing that I made mistakes. I look at the past and ask why? But mostly I look at the past knowing that it is what will pave the way for the future. The good, the bad, every memory...they are there for a reason. They are now tools that can be used to make a better future.

My mother always said... "It doesn't matter what other people think or say about you, Tyla...as long as you know, in your heart, how you have lived your life and that you have done right by others...that's all that matters." She was right. I know how I have lived my life and I am not ashamed. I know how I have treated others and still I am not ashamed. I have made mistakes...but we all have. Lord knows how many times I have been knocked down...but I've always fought to get back up. I have been used by others, lied to, lied about and had my heart broken more than once, yet through it all, my mind remains open and my heart is still as big as the sun.

The past is a book waiting to be finished. How we choose to use those experiences will determine each chapter in our 'Book of Life'. Embrace the past, for it will guide you to a better future...and eventually a happy ending.

1 comment:

Kath(MFS) said...

Wow, great words!

Hi! Just passing through... checking to see which blogs are active and up-to-date for our gallery! YOURS is! Awesome!
Keep it up!Take care!

Kath - MFS-The Resource Center
The Many Faces of Spaces - MFS-Blogger Gallery




Some men see things the way they are and ask, "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why not?"
quote: George Bernard Shaw