Tuesday, April 6, 2010

American Idol 9 Falls Flat

I am a huge American Idol fan, but as much as I hate to admit it, the past few weeks have been like watching a High School talent show. Where is the creativity and pizazz?

Tim Urban creeps me out with those big 'ol eyes always peering directly into the camera. Lee DeWyze is always so tense it literally makes me uncomfortable watching him. I love Mike Lynches' voice, but he went from being a potentially great solo artist to being a Vegas/Wedding singer act.

Don't get me wrong, there is great talent on the show. Crystal Bowersox and Siobhan Magnus are both unique and have tremendous voices. Casey James is awesome with the electric guitar and he chooses songs that make you want to get up and dance. Aaron Kelly has a great voice if he could get over the nerves...but at this point, I'm honestly more entertained by Ellen DeGeneres and Simon Cowell versus the performances by the contestants.

Didi Benami was the last contestant with a totally unique sounding voice. I truly enjoyed her performances even if she did get a bit emotional. It's unfortunate that one bad performance got her eliminated. I voted for her every week, except the week she got eliminated. My bad.

I just find it hard to believe that out of all the artists that auditioned for the show...this is the end result. Maby next season they should use a different approach in selecting talent.

No comments:




Some men see things the way they are and ask, "Why?"
I dream things that never were, and ask "Why not?"
quote: George Bernard Shaw